Dimensioning of groove for X-Ring
When the piston is eccentric or the rod bends, it is possible to change dimensions of the sealing groove. This may be necessary especially with low-pressure hydraulics and in cases of under pressure.
If the X-Ring material is likely to swell, the groove width can be increased by approx. 15%. Information about groove dimensions for other X-Rings is given where necessary.
When installed the profile of the X-Ring is pressed. Maximum radial pressing increases density and friction.
- Back and forth movement: 50 bar
- With back-up-ring: 300 bar
- Rotational movement with back up ring: 150 bar
- Without back up ring: 50 bar
- With back up ring: 400 bar
Back and forth movement 0,5 m/s
Rotational movement 0,2 m/s