1. Steel outer ring in Fe-P03 with a finish surface according to the relevant DIN standard for outer diameters.
2. Steel filler ring in Fe37 steel providing the rigidity required to ensure an accurate assembly of the seal in the groove.
3. Stainless steel spring carrier to BS1 301 S 01 is designed:
a) to ensure the spring retention during the assembly;
b) if necessary to permit the removal and refitting of garter spring in AISI 316 to provide a predetermined sealing lip preload which will permit the sealing element to follow shaft deflections.
4. Garter spring in AISI 316 to provide a regulated loading on the sealing lip and enable the sealing element to follow shaft deflections.
5. Sealing element is available in the elastomers listed below and is bonded to the steel outer ring.
Pressure: ≤0,5 bar
Surface speed: ≤30m/s
≤100 mm ± 0,08
101 - 150mm ± 0,10
151 - 250mm ± 0,13
> 250mm ± 0,25
≤76 mm ± 0,025
77 - 150 mm ± 0,040
151 - 255 mm ± 0,050
256 -510 mm +0,05/-0,10
511 -1015 mm +0,05/-0,15
> 1015 mm +0,05/-0,25
Shortening of the spring when the seal is rotating:
- Shaft surface speed < 5 m/s: Standard spring
- Shaft surface speed 5 - 10 m/s: Spring must be shortened 5 - 10%
- Shaft surface speed > 10 m/s: Spring must be the static part
Finishing of the shaft surface:
- Surface roughness: Ra 0,2 - 0,4 μm
- Load bearing surface > 60 % plunge grinded
- Hardness: 58 - 62 HRC hardened or metal coated (e.g. chrome carbide)
- Ceramic coatings (e.g. chromium oxide, surface speed < 10 m/s)